[Seaside-dev] HTTP 1.1 and keep-alive

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 13:26:02 UTC 2008

Hi

At least on Squeak/Kom Seaside has been running HTTP 1.0 without
keep-alive for quite some time. This is quite uncool because most
"pages" consist of two requests, the first will answer a redirect. On
HTTP 1.0 without keep-alive this means two TCP connections will have
to be created. This is not a big issue on localhost but over the
internet this quite uncool. In the last few weeks I've been running
Swazoo 2.1 beta on HTTP 1.1 with keep-alive without problems so far. I
only changed:

WARespnse class >> #defaultHttpVersion

So my questions is what are other people's experience with HTTP 1.1
and keep-alive on other platforms and servers?