[Seaside-dev] Issue 98 in seaside: Forking a background process loses access to the current session

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Jul 13 17:01:02 UTC 2008

Issue 98: Forking a background process loses access to the current session

Comment #4 by ramon.leon:
What I use it for right now is kicking off about 10 background threads
to go fetch hotel rates for a property
widget and upon finding that rate ajax in the price so I can render the
page immediately while waiting for rates
to come back whenever they come back.  I can't do this on the main
thread because it serializes the requests.  I
don't actually need anything right now because I handled it a different
way, but I recently helped Carl Grundel do
some stuff on Run Basic and he ran into the same issue, Smalltalker's
are going to use #fork and they don't
expect to lose access to self session when they do so.