[Seaside-dev] Issue 98 in seaside: Forking a background process loses access to the current session

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Jul 13 17:05:03 UTC 2008

Issue 98: Forking a background process loses access to the current session

Comment #5 by jfitzell:
Oh, philippe beat me to it. On a related note, when I do the following:

WACurrentRequest use: foo during: [some stuff]

it suggests to me that the value will be set back to the current value when "some
stuff" is done (as was the case with WADynamicVariable). If not, then
why not just do:

WACurrentRequest value: foo.
some stuff.

Am I the only one with the same intuition? Currently the value is
deleted after the
block is run.

I suggest either dropping #use:during: entirely and replacing it with
#value: or else
having #use:during: return the previous value following execution of
the block.