[Seaside-dev] Issue 99 in seaside: ImageSegments for smoother upgrades that don't kill sessions?

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Jul 13 19:48:33 UTC 2008

Issue 99: ImageSegments for smoother upgrades that don't kill sessions?

Comment #8 by renggli:
I know of at least 4 productive sites that use this idea. In 3 of those
I have been personally involved. All these
setups use mod_rewrite to do the proxying. This is one of the reasons
why I am so fond of mod_rewrite.
mod_proxy_balancer is simply not powerful enough to do something like
that. All these instances use daemontools to start and stop images.