[Seaside-dev] Issue 227 in seaside: #halt should always halt

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Nov 2 10:05:20 UTC 2008

Issue 227: #halt should always halt

Comment #6 by jfitzell:
If there are two options included in Core, you can still select the
appropriate one
if you want to allow Halts in your deployment image. You can even select it
on-demand
when you need to track something down.

My original gut feeling was that you don't want error handlers popping up
on an
unattended production site and philippe's response makes me feel that more
strongly
again. I think there should be a way to make sure that all errors (even
halts) are
caught.

Also, if you were using, for example, and email handler and had left a halt
in your
image by mistake. You would definitely want to receive an email if users
started
hitting the halt so that you could fix the problem. No?