[Seaside-dev] Issue 243 in seaside: Start Seaside with startup parameter

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 15 02:48:28 UTC 2008

codesite-noreply at google.com wrote:
> Issue 243: Start Seaside with startup parameter
> http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=243
>
> Comment #1 by jfitzell:
> Yeah that was yucky - why would it assume it was WAKom you wanted as
> opposed to some
> other adaptor?
>
> I'm not saying the feature in general is a bad idea, just that it
> should be
> implemented more flexibly and as less of a hack if we're going to
> provide it.
>
> Should it be changing the port of a server adaptor that is already
> configured
> (encoding, debug mode, dispatcher, etc) in the server manager?
> creating a new
> adaptor with default configuration? Just some things to consider.
If you were to adopt Installer-Launcher as found in LPF images, it
extends the startUp parameter processing to be quite flexible. In
particular you can direct your startUp parameters to specific classes.

e.g. squeak seaside.image WAKom port=8080

if WAKom implements launchFrom: and #launchWith:

The Script class handles arbitrary code from the command line.

e.g. squeak seaside.image Script eval="WAKom startOn: 8080"

Keith