[Seaside-dev] Re: seaside sources ....

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Dec 24 01:49:34 UTC 2009

>>>>> "James" == James Ladd <james_ladd at hotmail.com> writes:

James> The barrier to entry to Seaside is high, given the steps I need to get
James> the source.

On the contrary, the "source" to Seaside is already encoded in formats that
make it one or two clicks to install on all modern Smalltalk versions already.

James>  One of the reasons Im creating Redline Smalltalk.

Really?  You're creating a new Smalltalk just because you think it's
hard to get the source to Seaside?  That seems... confused.

James> With respect, could someone just email me the sources in a zip/tar?
James> james underscore ladd at hotmail dot com

Maybe it's because none of us has it in the format you want already.

Not sure what else you want for free.

Seriously, I was wanting to help you when you first started posting this
query, but this message now says that you're too lazy to help.  Good luck with
your quest.

Keep in mind that you haven't said whether you want these source
files in classic ST80 fileout format or GST flat file format, which
are not compatible with each other.  Or maybe some new independent
file format.

And perhaps you also don't realize that "Seaside" is not one entity,
but a series of packages, some of which are optional.

Seriously sir, step back and describe what you really want, and you
might get help.