[Seaside-dev] Re: [Seaside Commits] Seaside 3.0: Seaside-Tests-Functional-obi.101.mcz

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 11:31:15 UTC 2009

2009/12/30 Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
> I think this is a good improvement, but we have to be careful.
> Behavior seems to be a bit distributed at the moment, for example the
> callback is on the group but the selection is still on the individual
> options?
>
> I would prefer if you'd continued in a separate branch before merging
> everything. Also I'd like to hear the comments of Julian and Philippe,
> they didn't reply yet and might have other ideas. Also there is a
> certain risk with so deep changes that potentially break a lot of code
> so close to beta ...

We have been close to beta for about a year ;-)

Sorry to be kinda party pooper here:
- I really don't like a #with: that gives you something else than an html canvas
- I would prefer it if you could keep the old API for compatibility,
even if deprecated.
- I certainly prefer if there is a convenience API that makes simple
things simple as long as complex things are still possible. I.e. are
we sure we never need a callback on a radio button?

The for the rest I agree with Lukas and Julian.