[Seaside-dev] Issue 336 in seaside: try to clarify the naming around codecs

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Feb 5 14:04:52 UTC 2009

Comment #2 on issue 336 by jfitzell: try to clarify the naming around codecs

There has not yet been any discussion as to what the best implementation of
this is
or the best way to present the configuration in the control panel (ie. do
you get a
list of possible pairings (how to deal with *)? or do you type in the
external
encoding and get back a list of possible pairs based on what codec can
handle that
external encoding? or...?).

Philippe says that it makes little sense to have the encoding configurable
per-application, so I suggest that we change things to use the
listed "external"
encoding of the adaptor's codec when filling in charset header values and
so on.