[Seaside-dev] Seeking comments on small (?) change to WAComponent

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Thu Feb 5 17:34:21 UTC 2009

> This approach makes my code less cluttered and (to me) more
> readable.
> I'm not asking the community to change for my convenience, but I'm
> asking for general reaction for my own education. And, of course, if
> others see some value in this and are willing to incorporate it into
> the framework, I'd be delighted.
>
> James Foster

The downside of this approach is that it binds a render method to a
particular canvas.   If you find yourself using ajax a lot, being able to
pass in a canvas to any render method allows you to ajax update any part of
a page by running an ajax canvas through its render method.  Other than that
I don't see anything wrong with it in a personal base class.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com