[Seaside-dev] Location for LoadOrderTests

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Fri Feb 6 23:05:12 UTC 2009

Lukas Renggli wrote:

 > > I added the above package to Seaside29 in SqueakSource and I've
decided to
 > > rename it to 'LoadOrderTests' since it covers more than just
Seaside29. I
 > > find that I can create packages but not delete them...
 >
 > I deleted the 'Seaside-LoadOrderTests' package. I suggest that we
move
 > the package 'LoadOrderTests' somewhere else as well. In the Seaside
 > repository we should only keep distributed core packages that are
ment
 > for public consumption.

 > We keep our code to calculate, visualize (Package-Dependencies) and
 > build installation scripts (Package-Builder) in a different
repository
 > (http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/unsorted) as well. The location and
 > the name is a bit unfortunate as this code started out as a few
 > workspace scripts that we wanted to share. Maybe it is time to move
 > these things into their own repository?

 > Cheers,
 > Lukas

I'm happy to have the package moved if you think it appropriate. I
wonder, however, if it might be useful for public consumption as a
master load script for everything else (instead of manually following
the LoadOrder Wiki)? At least until some more user-friendly process is
available for loading things. Just a thought. Again, I'm fine it it
should be somewhere else sooner or later.

James