[Seaside-dev] Issue 266 in seaside: remove uses of generic Error

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Jan 2 22:29:16 UTC 2009

Comment #2 on issue 266 by jfitzell: remove uses of generic Error

It occurs to me that this may also help use remove #raiseSignal. If we use
subclasses of WAError, and
WANotification throughout, we could probably use #signal and #signal: and
VW could implement those
methods on those two classes to the ANSI spec.

VW's issue is that they have existing methods called #signal and #signal:
which are used to store and get a
Signal associated with the Exception. The comments in these methods,
however, indicate that they should no
longer be used (in favour of #getSignal and #setSignal:) and there are
almost no senders remaining in the 7.6
image I'm looking at. I imagine it would be safe enough to say that Seaside
exceptions no longer support
these deprecated methods.