[Seaside-dev] Issue 268 in seaside: Introduce WAMessageSend

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sat Jan 3 10:14:16 UTC 2009

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-CleanUp Priority-Medium Version-Seaside2.9

New issue 268 by renggli: Introduce WAMessageSend

Currently Seaside depends on the platform class MessageSend (receiver,
selector, arguments). This
class is not part of ANSI Smalltalk and the implementation of this class is
extremely obscure in
Squeak, especially when it is evaluated with additional or a variable
number of arguments.

I suggest to improve the situation by providing a clean implementation of
WAMessageSend.
However I do not really see how such a thing could be implemented nicely,
so that it behaves polymorphic to the evaluation protocol of BlockContext
(#value:, #value:value:,
#valueWithArguments:, #valueWithPossibleArguments:) and that #numArgs
answers a meaningful
result (so that things like in WAAnchor>>#callback: are not necessary).