[Seaside-dev] Issue 48 in seaside: cookies can not be added in callback phase

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Jan 12 15:21:41 UTC 2009

Comment #8 on issue 48 by ramon.leon: cookies can not be added in callback
phase

Just FYI on how I handle this in 2.8.  I just save up #onResponse: blocks
on the
session and when returnResponse: finally runs I just run the response
through any
stored blocks.  This let's me add cookies, or set status codes on the
response during
the callback phase in my controller methods.  For example my Atom feed
checks the
last updated header and issues a 304 and skips rendering if it hasn't
changed.  My
blog finds an old wordpress style url, parses it and does a 301 to the
correct
shorter current url.  I've found it very handy to have direct access to the
response
in my callbacks.