[Seaside-dev] Issue 313 in seaside: Allow platforms to use an instance variable to cache objects in WAFileLibrary

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Jan 29 20:40:26 UTC 2009

Updates:

Comment #6 on issue 313 by philippe.marschall: Allow platforms to use an
instance variable to cache objects in WAFileLibrary

This doesn't address the case where you load new code. I don't think the
time saved
by not doing #asByteArray is worth the trouble. As for performance if you
have any
kind of traffic we recommend to use Apache. Otherwise we're doing IO over
the network
so I doubt the savings are even noticeable.

So I'd prefer to see the caching fully removed and send #asByteArray every
time.

A small script that recompiled all the relevant methods of file libraries
to disable
the caching would be nice so we can get rid of #beMutable entirely.