[Seaside-dev] JQuery tests and flow

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 22:38:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Randal L. Schwartz
<merlyn at stonehenge.com> wrote:

> Dale> I would think that if JQuery itself doesn't depend upon Flow, then the
> Dale> tests or at least a subset should be independent of Flow as well.
>
> I could disagree.  A testing environment might require test harnesses
> that are not required for deployment.
>
> For example, does a running system require SUnit?  No.  You need it only when
> you are trying to test something.
>
> Similarly, tests for jquery could require Flow, where the package itself
> for deployment does not.

Yes, for example, all of our Functional Tests require the -Component
package, even if what they're testing might otherwise not. That said,
if we can have all or most of the JQuery functional tests working
without Flow (we did the same to the Functional tests by using
#show:onAnswer: instead of #call:) that would definitely be A Good
Thing.