[Seaside-dev] Remaining Issues for Seaside 3.0 release

Reza RAZAVI razavi at acm.org
Sat Apr 17 07:59:39 UTC 2010

At 21:50 15/04/2010, you wrote:
>What are the exact steps that I need to follow to reproduce
>a fresh Pier image and WAFlowConvenienceFunctionalTest?

Hi Lukas, all,

I started looking at this and had some observations that I'd like to
share with you hereafter.
I did the followings:
1) Picked http://www.seaside.st/distributions/Seaside-3.0a5.app.zip
2) Loaded from http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/pier2addons
         - Pier-Blog-lr.138
         - Pier-Setup-lr.83
3) Executed *PRDistribution new register*
4) Modified *aCommand execute* in *PRContentsWidget >>
onAnswerCommand:* as follows:
         [(aCommand isKindOf: PRAddCommand)
                 ifTrue: [       self call:
WAFlowConvenienceFunctionalTest new.
                                 self context command  answer: self context]
                 ifFalse: [aCommand execute] ]
                         on: Error
                         do: [ :err | ^ self component errors add: err ].

5) Pointed my browser to http://localhost:8080/pier/
6) Logged-in as admin/pier
7) Pressed the *Add* link in the Commands toolbar (to add a child to /).
8) Pressed the *Add* button in the dialog.

At this point, Seaside / Pier render *What's your favorite
Cheese?*  etc., which is what I was expecting. The Component of
PRContentsWidget, which is an MAContainerComponent, delegates its
rendering to the WAFlowConvenienceFunctionalTest instance, due to the #call:.

Now, I followed visiting pages:
9) Pressed the *About* link. The default content is displayed.
10) Pressed to "Home* link. Then, WAFlowConvenienceFunctionalTest
displays instead of the default content.
11) Refreshed the *Home* page using my browser (Chrome),
WAFlowConvenienceFunctionalTest keeps displaying instead of the
default content.

Since I didn't use the back button in (10) & (11), I would personally
expect to see the default content. Otherwise, how the user could get
ride of that component, without executing it until it *answers*, or
creating a new session? Does that make sense?

Technically speaking, shouldn't those Delegations be released once
the page is refreshed (at least in the case of Pier as a CMS)?

BTW, this relates to the 3rd point in my previous email on this
topic, copied below, although not exactly the same:
         3) The user clicks on an item in the main menu (on the top),
selected arbitrarily (the behavior that follows does not depend on
the menu item selected). At this point, Seaside/Pier activate the
component that was #call:'ed at the begging of the execution of the
flow model in step (2), and was supposed to be activated during that
stage (in place of that error message). This activated component is
actually the first in that Sushi Store checkout process, namely *Fill
cart*.  Once launched in this way, then the execution flows smoothly
to the end.

It looks like the Delegation has been created, in spite of the
*GRPharoPlatform >> seasideCallbackMarker* error message reported in
the 2nd point of that email. I've some intuitions about the cause of
this error. I'll share it in a post that will follow.

Regards,
Reza