[Seaside-dev] Remaining Issues for Seaside 3.0 release

Reza Razavi razavi at acm.org
Sat Apr 17 14:24:56 UTC 2010

At 14:22 17/04/2010, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>This seems very uncommon usage of Pier and #call:.

Yes, but please note that the case that I posted is just designed to
provide an example. Specifically, the #isKindOf: test on PRAddCommand
is there just to limit the impact of my patch in that code. The real
case has nothing at all with PRAddCommand per se. It is about
launching the execution of  my *composite commands*, in the same way
that Pier launches its Commands, so as both types of commands cohabit
seamless, while having a conceptually consistent and easy to maintained code.

>The method #onAnswerCommand: is called
>from the answer processing of Seaside,

Yes, in general, but, in the case of #isQuick commands, Pier calls it
directly (that's basically a shortcut; to reuse the code, as you know
better than me 8-) ). And, this is also what I do in the case of my
composite/meta-described commands (flow models). In none of these
cases Seaside is answer processing, but handling callbacks as follows:
- WAActionPhaseContinuation >> handleRequest
- WAActionPhaseContinuation >> runCallbacks
- PRPierFrame >> update
- PRContentsWidget >> onChangeContext:
- PRContentsWidget >> onAnswerCommand:

This path is most probably not the same in Seaside 2.8; I can double
check if necessary. The point is that my image works in Seaside 2.8
(that's basically the one I had during the last BlockParty in Paris).

Let me then ask my question differently: Is the *restriction"
introduced in *GRPharoPlatform >> seasideCallbackMarker* is something
*unnegotiable* (for example, related to the design of partial
executions in Seaside 3, or whatever other fundamental reason)? Or,
it would be possible to change it so as to accommodate #call: s in
the above frame (#runCallbacks)?

Thank you in advance for your response,
Regards,
Reza