[Seaside-dev] beta?

Dale Henrichs dale.henrichs at gemstone.com
Wed Feb 17 01:24:14 UTC 2010

----- "Julian Fitzell" <jfitzell at gmail.com> wrote:

| Well, I note that GRVersion's #greaseString is currently outputting
| 'alpha6' :) but that's just because I was using symbols for the
| #alpha, #beta, and it was easier to just output the whole thing. I
| dunno - mostly I'd just rather there was a way we didn't have to be
| so sticky about strings. :)

Okay we _could_ map strings to an ordinal number (part of pragma?) and use the ordinal for sorting (use Mozilla scheme to calculate ordinal, if not specified) ... not that big of a deal coding wise ... it would make it possible to match any old versioning scheme, but I assume that humans might start having trouble telling which version is greater than another:)

or...we could also provide a scheme whereby the Configuration itself could provide a hook method for creating a MetacelloVersionNumber from the version string...using the Mozilla parsing scheme by default and always using the Mozilla sorting algorithm...