[Seaside-dev] crazy thought

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue Jul 13 23:25:39 UTC 2010

Julian Fitzell wrote:
> I dunno... I'm reluctant to expose that information by default just to
> allow for a case of someone who (a) has a minimal install and (b)
> doesn't know what is in it.

That's one of the reasons that I figured it was a crazy thought.

On the other hand, there's an awful lot of code that gets loaded and it
is asking a fair amount for folks to know everything that gets loaded
especially when things are still in flux.

I ran into the issue and assumed that I might be pretty close to the
first person to run into that problem and assumed that I won't be the
last...

> The OB tools provide a way to browse the handlers as do the web tools.
> Maybe we just need a slightly better API on WAAdmin to expose that
> information. I think it's reasonable to expect you to have *some* set
> of tools installed if you want a convenient way to work with the
> install.

OB tools for production would fill the bill ... and they could be added
to the Base group (and even opened by default) ...