[Seaside-dev] 3.0.4 status

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 08:16:51 UTC 2011

2011/2/10 Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com>:
> 2011/2/10 Dale Henrichs <dhenrich at vmware.com>:
>> PharoCore1.0:
>>
>>  - WAHtmlFileHandlerListingTest>>testFileLibraries results in a
>>    WAAttributeNotFound being signalled (test error). I'll dig into this
>>    one a little bit more tomorrow.
>>  - several WAFileLibraryTests fail the first time tests run, pass
>>    on rerunning of tests ... I'll ignore these for now
>>
>> PharoCore1.1.1:
>>
>>  - several WAFileLibraryTests fail the first time tests run, pass
>>    on rerunning of tests ... I'll ignore these for now
>
> That is quite strange. File libraries now do a configuration look up
> but when the configuration caches are reset they should pass.
>
>> Seaside-Core-jf.696:
>>
>>  - WABaseElement>>target: is still in the package, so Philippe's edits
>>    weren't committed (presumably). If the only change that was made at
>>    the time was to move WABaseElement>>target: from Seaside-Core to
>>    Seaside-HTML5 then I can do the edit tomorrow (it's getting late
>>    here:)
>>  - no other (unexpected) dirty packages
>>
>> Grease-Pharo-Core and WAUrlEncoder:
>>
>>  - I'll do these edits tomorrow as well...
>>
>> I also plan on making a pass at loading Seaside3.0 into Pharo1.2 and
>> Pharo1.3 according to mail I've seen the only problem with Seaside3.0 on
>> Pharo1.2 is related to using the proper version of OB and that's what
>> symbolic versions are for, so I should be able to address that issue.
>
> Besides OB I'm aware of two issues:
> - there several deprecation warnings
> - file library and tests don't work out of the box because we use
> Preferences >> #valueOfFlag: #compileUseNewCompiler:ifAbsent:
>
> In general it looks like a Grease for Pharo 1.2 is needed.

Should be decide to do this there are a couple of options to do it:
- a Monticello branch (
 <hyphenated-package-name>.<dotted.branch.tag>-<initials>.<count>.mcz)
- a new package for Pharo 1.2 eg. Grease-Pharo12-Core
- move Grease-Pharo-Core to 1.2 and have some class extensions in
Grease-Pharo11-Core like Grease-Pharo10-Core

Does anybody have an preferences? Does Metacello support MC branches?