[Seaside-dev] [Seaside] Requests & Components Caching

Avi Shefi avishefi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 17:08:52 UTC 2011

Well, if we can't cache the #script element, then we can't cache using query
params (_k and _s keep changing).
I implemented caching of a request handler, however #script and #style
should be left out of this (as they cannot be differentiated from the page
itself). But then again, when we use forms and call:answer: , the URL never
changes, only _k and _s change. So we can't cache anything.
So.. where how do we continue on issue
435<http://code.google.com/p/seaside/issues/detail?id=435>?
Is there any point of having page cache if we can't differentiate between
pages?

About component caching - it seems logical to me, however since Seaside
relies on components all the way, this one is far-fetch.
Cheers,
Avi.