[Seaside-dev] [Seaside] Requests & Components Caching

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:31:27 UTC 2011

2011/3/14 Avi Shefi <avishefi at gmail.com>:
> Phillipe,
> re query parameters - obviously, but aren't the seaside params (_k,_s) get
> new values each time the page is rendered?

Yes. And they render differently every time that's why we can't cache
applications.

> re component caching -
> why we don't want to go this way?

I have seen where this leads with jsp tag and stateful session bean
caching, and the fundamental problems are the same. In addition
creating new components has never been a problem.

> About your comment about the database layer - I disagree. Navigational
> elements can be cached, without the need to call the render chain.

But why? It has never been a performance problem.

> I think
> it is valuable to have components' output cached.

I think that's too complicated. The output may depend on the state of
the component and many other times like the current time.