[Seaside-dev] Set vs. IdentitySet in WAFileLibrary>>#filenames

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Thu May 26 09:04:52 UTC 2011

Hi,

Gwenael Casaccio recently found the following assumption in Seaside
while working on an unrelated change to GNU Smalltalk.

In WAFileLibrary>>#filenames, you are building strings from selectors:

         ^self fileSelectors collect: [:each | self asFilename: each]

This however is assuming that #fileSelectors (and hence
Behavior>>#selectors) returns an Array or a Set.  Gwen would like to
change Behavior>>#selectors return an IdentitySet.  In this case
#filenames would return an IdentitySet of strings, which is pretty much
unusable.

The possible solution is to send #asArray or #asSet before #collect:.
Does this seem okay?  Can you make the change so that when I finally
upgrade to 3.0.x I will not see this issue?

Thanks!

Paolo