[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.0.5+ and swazoo

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Fri Sep 9 20:17:39 UTC 2011

In the Seaside30 configurqation swazoo is loaded by default ... you have to go out of your way to not have swazoo loaded ...

Because of the stability issues for Zinc the zinc adaptor is not loaded by default in the 3.0.6 configuration and we could do the same thing with swazoo ...

I agree that swazoo appears to work fine, but if a regression occurs, noone will know because there is already a set of failing tests ... I would have hoped that the tests were run for the packages that are provided by the seaside ci server ... that is my expectation at least ... if the tests are green on the ci server why should i think that I need to run the tests ... again.

Failing tests in a ci server provides motivation for the maintainers to fix the problems, otherwise the problems are just masked and in the end the users are the ones who have deal with a faulty product ...

I don't like the fact that when one loads the default Seaside configuration and runs tests that the tests are red not green... I will hold off on releasing 3.0.6 until I hear a definitive answer.

Dale