[Seaside-dev] Moving Seaside-REST from Addons to "Core" in 3.1

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue May 8 14:36:58 UTC 2012

Hi

I want to move Seaside-REST from Addons to the "Core" repository in Seaside 3.1:

The reasons are the following:
 - the code base has stabilized and has been jürgenized by Lukas
 - we have documentation in the book [1]
 - several people use it

I'm aware this will probably cause problems for some people but I
don't think leaving it in addons or having it in both places are good
alternatives either. Is this absolutely terrible or somebody (Dale?)?

Personally I think of the addons repository as something similar to
Apache Incubator. A place where we can experiment. If things turn out
well we can graduate them to the core repository.

 [1] http://book.seaside.st/book/advanced/restful