[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.1 ready

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:51:52 UTC 2012

Hi

I feel Seaside 3.1 ready for release [1]
 - apart from the usual refactorings and cleanups we managed to fix 2
of the 3 major regressions in 3.0 [2]
 - session continuations are now WARequestHandlers
 - we have a new WAPluggableActionContinuation
 - the session tracking code has been refactored, it's simpler and
supports new features
 - document handlers are no longer stored as sessions
 - JSON support has been updated
 - HTML5 support has been updated

What's missing right now are Metacello configurations. I started
working on them but would welcome help.

I updated ConfigurationOfGrease to version 1.1, that was easy but the
GemStone versions of course still point to 1.0.7. I did not rename it
to ConfigurationOfGrease11. Dale, should I rename this?

I started a Seaside configuration named ConfigurationOfSeaside31.
Dale, is this OK our should I name it ConfigurationOfSeaside30? This
is a bit more problematic, because I run into the 256 literal limit in
#version310:. I did not add the new packages Seaside-JSON-Core,
JQuery-JSON and Seaside-REST to any group. Dale, tell we how you want
this done and I'll do it.

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside310Changelog
 [2] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/BigIssues