[Seaside-dev] Seaside 3.1 ready

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Tue May 8 20:08:10 UTC 2012

Philippe,

Hmmmm, I don't have a lot of extra time right now, to port Seaside3.1 to GemStone and build configurations:( Some advance warning would have been nice... If I'd known you were aiming for a release in this time frame...ah, well...

Regarding the 256 literal limit, would you be amenable to breaking Seaside3.1 up into smaller chunks? I think that it is high time that the configuration for Seaside be revisited and revamped

I have spent zero time looking at Seaside3.1 so I have no idea that's been going on there, but things like the javascript support and REST and JSON and Examples and etc. could actually be managed in separate configurations. Splitting those things out into separate configurations would not only reduce the number of literals needed in the monolithic version spec, but would make it easier for people to understand what is optional and what is required ...

What do you say?

Dale