[Seaside-dev] Testing trouble

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Sat Jan 12 00:17:09 UTC 2013

Hi Diego,

On Jan 11, 2013, at 1:59 AM, Diego Lont wrote:

> I have a problem in testing my code. I have a user in my session I want to use for logging changes (among other things). By default I can access the user in a WAObject by the following code:
> 	self session user.
>
> When I now write a test, this code crashes on a doesNotUnderstand on #session.

When writing SUnit tests on Seaside components, I usually override #performTest with something like:

performTest
    | context |
    context := WARequestContext request: nil response: nil.
    context push: session while: [ super performTest ]

... where `session` is an instance variable that gets configured in #setUp. You can also configure the request/response if you need to.

I hope that helps. You might get a better answer on the general Seaside list.

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.