[Seaside-dev] Broken build because of use of #includesSubstring:

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:21:40 UTC 2013

You mean when I was visiting you guys? I thought this might have come up
before, but I can't find a Grease test for #includesSubString: or
#includesSubstring:

I'd guess that what we actually decided was that we'd avoid the issue
because code that wanted to be compatible could simply use
#indexOfSubCollection:startingAt:, which is defined in the ANSI standard.
But I see some usage of #includesSubString: has appeared in Seaside, which
has likely prompted other platforms to implement it.

Given that and given that ANSI has #subStrings:, it does seem more sensible
to the camelCase version to Grease. However, I have one other thought: do
we really need a string-specific method for this? Might it be preferable to
test for, say, #includesSubCollection: on SequenceableCollection? (ok, I
don't like the name, but it's consistent with the other ANSI methods...)

Julian