[Seaside-dev] missing methods in GemStone Grease packages

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Wed Jun 11 16:39:41 UTC 2014

Paul,

Yes, this whole move from squeaksource to smalltalkhub and the change of ConfigurationOfSeaside30 to ConfigurationOfSeaside3 has its impact on Metacello load problems...

For production, I use the #repositoryOverrides: directive of Metacello to ensure that I only load those packages I explicitly copied beforehand.
For development, we use the Metacello Preview scripting API, locking projects etc..

Dale should be able to tell why certain ConfigurationOf* is getting loaded. I understood a configuration is only loaded if you load #development or when the requested version is not present.
But I must say I have seen different behavior (or so I think).

Rest assured, I also have my share of those problems... I have just become very much aware of reading through Metacello load transcripts to make sure I got what I wanted :-)

Johan