[Seaside-dev] Configurable current request context variable

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sun May 14 19:09:48 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 7:16 PM, Max Leske <maxleske at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good news: VA doesn't have dynamic variables either but their process also has an environment (called #attributes). If there's no other platform to look out for, we could simply replicate the DynamicVariable behaviour for each platform without depending on DynamicVariable. There would only be
>
> GRDynamicVariable
> ^
> |
> WAPharoDynamicVariable / WAVWDynamicVariable / WAVADynamicVariable

Nope. See my answer to Esteban. The idea is that the dialect specific
implementation of Grease,
Grease-Pharo-Core/Grease-VW-Core/Grease-VaST-Core/Grease-GemStone-Core
would provide a class named GRDynamicVariable. The implementation
would be either process environment based, or dynamic variable based,
or notification based, whatever works best on this dialect. That way
users can simply subclass GRDynamicVariable and automatically get the
best possible behaviour on the dialect they are running on without
having to change their code.