[Seaside-dev] Grease tests for subStrings

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Thu May 25 10:08:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

First step to release a new version of Seaside, is to release the development version of Grease.
Working on that, I notice:

With Pharo 6, the method #subStrings: was renamed to #substrings:

However, there is a test in Grease-Tests-Core that verifies the behavior of #subStrings:

If I change that test to use #substrings:, it means Grease expects all dialects to implement a #substrings: method.

My idea is that:
- either the dialect indeed implements that method
- Grease-specific dialect packages implement it when necessary

Philippe, I notice you already factored-out any sends of those methods in the dev version of Seaside.
Does it make sense to keep the test in such a case?

Opinions?

Johan