[Seaside] Http auth problems

Tim Rowledge seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:40:22 -0700

After Avi suggested trying to use Http basic auth for my website I seem to
be having some very wierd problems. The first one is a strange behaviour
on _one_ of my Acorn browsers; when returning from a #callPage: - the
browser doesn't update unless I manually hit the reload button! It then
goes to  #confirm: page, after which it again won't refresh properly,
showing the warning you get when a transaction has expired. If I hit the
reload button soon enough I do get to the proper page... wierd.
I've tried removing the #isolate: fro mmy code to no avail, I know the
code does go through the proper paths etc.

The latest apparent problem is that I can't get IE to talk to my server at
all, though I can't for the life of me see how it can be affecting it.
Y'never know though, so I thought I should mention it.

I guess to be complete I should point out that both used to work just fine.

tim

tim@sumeru.stanford.edu