[Seaside] How to make an upload page

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:55:06 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002, Alain Fischer wrote:

> Many thanks Avi. I have just tested IAMultipartTest and all seem to
> work OK with my files but if you try to upload your FileUpload.cs you
> get an exception related to String>>seaEscapeHtml.
>
> How can I use the Squeak debugger when I have an exception page in the
> web browser.

One of the configuration options for an application is whether to give an
exception page in html or bring up the squeak debugger - if you go to
/seaside/config and choose your application, set "Walkbacks in Browser" to
No.  Exceptions should come up in squeak from then on.

Programmatically, that can be done by evaluating
(IAApplication at: 'appname') browserWalkbacks: false.

At one point I had a link on the exception page to bring up the debugger
but this turned out to be quite unreliable and hard to maintain.
Hopefully switching between the two modes isn't too clunky, although if
people are finding it annoying we can look again at providing that link.

Avi