[Seaside] component replacement

Kamil Kukura kamk@volny.cz
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 02:33:59 +0100

>Oh, I see.  Now I understand what you mean by "without the continuation".
>So what you want is
>
>  parent children at: 'body' put: ...
>  self jumpToPage: ...
>
>except with the extra setup that IAComponent>>jumpToPage: does.  So
>perhaps we should factor that logic out into childAt:put:, eg
>
>IAPage>>childAt: aKey put: aComponent
>
>  aComponent parent: self; id: aKey; session: session.
>  ^ children at: aKey put: aComponent.

OK, I got it. I've built close to it a method called turnToPage: which
is all of jumpToPage: except sending session the continueWithPage: aPage
message. It works okay, but, could you explain what makes it different?.
That is, what IASession>>continueWithPage: self root does? I didn't
explore it so deep so I only guess it handles #aboutToView logic and
other things.

TIA,
--
Kamil