[Seaside] VW port in public Cincom Store?

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Sat, 4 May 2002 01:16:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 4 May 2002, Avi Bryant wrote:

> There were issues with String class>>initialize (CharacterSet was
> undeclared, I think).  I proceeded through those and it seems to be ok.
> I'll let you know if it runs.

Had the same problem with HtmlTokenizer.  Reinitializing both classes got
things more or less working - the calc app works, as do a couple of others
I tried (although some, like minesweeper, config, and browser, didn't).
/closure is an interesting one - look at the difference in backtracking
behavior between that in VW and Squeak.  Guess I'll have to look again at
the callCC code.

I don't have time right now to poke around more, but it's neat to see it
basically working.  Nicely done!

By the way, a quick benchmark shows Squeak/Comanche rendering the
calculator example slightly faster than VisualWorks - 55 requests/second
vs. around 50.  Doesn't mean much...

Avi