[Seaside] Wierd totally fatal bug problem

Tim Rowledge tim@sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue, 14 May 2002 09:47:16 -0700

This may or may not be anything to do with seaside, or even comanche,
but I thought I'd see if anyone else has seen anything like this
recently.

I had been working on my seaside app image for 5 days without any
problems beyond the saga of lack of understandings that you've all seen
(by the way, I have quite a bit working now and gradually the paradigm
is seeping into my brain) when I decided to save the image to copy it
across to my powerbook ready for travel. To my surprise, it blows away
the mac vm with some 'error type 11' and seems to corrupt something else
that gives type 111 errors.

I tried restarting the image on my Acorn (the one that had been running
it ok for 5 days continuously) and bugger me it blows that away as well!
If one can believe the 'eeek-I-died' error notifier( not much more
trustworthy than the shrub) it looks like a possible null pointer
involved in the primitive response stuff. The same vm happily runs other
images, so it isn't a corrupted vm file.

Hmm, it _doesn't_ blow up on my linux machine but it doesn't function
either - no brwser access and the service it munged so I can't stop it
nor restart one.

No time to debug now since I have to go. More later.

tim

--
Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
Strange OpCodes: RLBMI: Ruin Logic Board Multiple Indexed