[Seaside] new bindings system

Avi Bryant avi@beta4.com
Sun, 26 May 2002 19:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 26 May 2002, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> I _really_ don't like this 'accessor path' nonsense that
> allows rape and pilage of objects. Just not cricket old man. As my
> friend Adele says "ask, don't touch"; it applies to programming just as
> much as to seduction.

Well, these changes went a long way toward getting rid of that.  If you
wanted, you could rip the direct instVar access out of
Object>>valueForKey: and Object>>takeValue:forKey:, sprinkle in a few
accessors where they're missing, and voila: pillage free.  I assume what
you most loathe is the direct inst var access, (or, rather the
message send of #instVarNamed:), not the 'foo.bar' notation?