[Seaside] Web Calendar for Seaside

Adrian Lienhard seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:56:09 +0100

Hi Avi

> On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Adrian Lienhard wrote:
>
> > There seems to be a problem (not with your code but with Seaside's) with
> > handling the stylesheet. After the counter of the requests (the last
number
> > in the url) has reached about 50 and you change to edit or from edit to
the
> > month view, you loose the stylesheet (the stylesheet url returns: "That
Page
> > has expired"). As far as I see it's that the key created by
> > "Session>>urlForDocument: ..." will expire (like the other pages) and so
> > Seaside can't serve the css anymore.
>
> Nice catch.  Wonder how to solve that cleanly...
Maybe you could create a "static" url without session key for this kind of
resources which is shared by all users. E.g. /appname/resources/[0,1..].
Just an idea..

> > We have some experiences creating pdfs dynamicaly.
>
> From Squeak?

No, not with Squeak, unfortunately. ASP.
The procedure is as following: You create a xml with the needed data and
then transform it to an xsl-fo with a xslt (in this lies the work...). Then
the FOP (a java app, http://xml.apache.org/fop/) can create the pdf. This
would also be possible out of Squeak of corse.

Adrian Lienhard
www.adrian-lienhard.ch
www.netstyle.ch