[Seaside] [Borges] Squeak Chess

Julian Fitzell seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 12:08:28 -0700

Lukas Renggli wrote:
[...]
> BTW, I'd like to play the mystery-game too, but I don't know the rules.
> Could you give a short hint?
>
> Lukas

A quick search turned up:

http://www.rit.edu/~tabeec/html/blackbox.html

(I always called it black box... avi calls it mystery box for some reason :)

If you click the S in the corner of this Java version it actually shows
you how the rays react on the board.

A more detailed ste of rules is here:
http://www.eagle-i.com/JAVA/bbinstr.html

The basic idea is that you shoot a ray or laser into the board and based
on where it comes out (or if it doesn't) you figure out where the balls
are.  If you hit a ball it gets absorbed, if you pass beside a ball it
is deflected first so that it doesn't pass beside the ball.  If you
shoot between two balls one space apart, you can't deflect right or left
so the ray is deflected 180 degrees back the way it came.

Have fun!

Julian

--
julian@beta4.com