[Seaside] What is the reason for a page to expire?

Markus Fritsche Fritsche.Markus at gmx.net
Sat Aug 30 10:57:14 CEST 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:

> Can you tell us more about how the wiring works?

Sure. I have a php-script that takes all the data (cookie, get-request,
...), serializes it, then sends that to my server. The server then
creates an appropriate WARequest object and does the invocation of
seaside similiar to the WAKom class.

The computation is done in seaide, and the whole thing is send back to
the php script, which outputs the result. Headers are set correctly.

> My guess is that the URLs in the links may be getting corrupted
> somehow - "expired" basically just means "I don't know this URL".

Hmm, I've change the paths of the applications from /seaside to
/~mfritsche/echo.php and the basepath by hand - I should start with a
fresh image :-)

The thing is an experiment; I want to start a minimal image, let it run,
and then it shut down after two minutes of inactivity. First I tried
with GNU Smalltalk (got the ContinuationTest to work,
TestUUDIGenerator). But possible license issues made me thought; so I
stayed at the level of a couple of DoIts...
With a minimal image and a minimal VM, however, I think Squeak/Seaside
aren't to bad for my half-cgi-based experiments - the weblog system I'm
using at the moment is vanilla, and that comes up to >3M cgi-loading
(rebol) per page hit too.