[Seaside] Seaside Design Questions

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Thu Dec 4 07:44:25 CET 2003

Avi Bryant wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2003, at 7:20 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:
>> Why are WAHtmlRenderer and WAHtmlBuilder split into two classes?
>> Nothing is jumping out at me to explain this.
>

> So that WAHtmlBuilder is (in theory) reusable in contexts other than
> Seaside.  All it does is print HTML to a stream,so it might be useful
> for generating static pages or something.

Not just in theory.  I use the builder every time I have to write stupid
little services that are actually harder or impossible (we have services
that get screen scraped by things that don't understand redirects -
sigh) to do using Seaside.  It's a hell of a lot better than writing
html tags myself.

Julian