[Seaside] Cann't show Unicode String from dynamic IDs

Avi Bryant seaside@lists.squeakfoundation.org
Sun Jan 12 19:36:20 CET 2003

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, [big5] =B3=A2=BF=ED=B0=EA wrote:

> Hi,  dear administrator & all Seasiders:
>     I found that I cann't get my 'Chinese characters' ( Unicode character=
 set: big5) shown on the web page I've made, which on the contrary, gives m=
e strange characters ( I'm using the Seaside v0.92, on Dolphin port).
>     The problem occurred whenever if the response text was transformed fr=
om dynamic IDs, but the static innderHTML manually typed is OK.
>      Maybe some inner working related to the Unicode was not compatible w=
ith this condition, I guessed.
> I also experienced much trouble and failed to solve the same condition on=
 any Squeak images so far.
> I need you kindly help for med, thanks.

I would guess that this has to do with the String>>seaEscapeHtml method,
which converts from Squeak's encoding to iso encoding with entities.
Something to try might be to temporarily modify this method to simply "^
self", to see if it is in fact the problem.