[Seaside] Computation has been terminated - error is back

Derek Brans brans at nerdonawire.com
Thu Jan 30 23:24:50 CET 2003

While paring down my application I ended up with the following simple
example.  (Seaside 2.07)

I don't know how it came to pass, but the instance variable
"mainContainer" in XETest was Undeclared.  The amazing thing is that
this code actually works some of the time... can anyone explain why it
works (it even had state! ... could this be the SessionObject stuff)?

File in the code (all applications will be cleaned up).
Point your browser to seaside/test.
Play with the counter.
Click on "trigger".

Sometimes "trigger" causes the computation terminated error.  Othertimes
it doesn't.  It seems to depend on the instance of XETest.  If you erase
the action key and session information from the url, you have a 75%
chance of ending up with a buggy XETest instance.  The other 25% of
instances work fine.

Note: although it looks like lazy-initialization of mainContainer, it
actually isn't.  The container gets "created" by
XESession>>unknownRequest.

Not sure if this is THE problem but if you add the declaration of
mainContainer, the "computation terminated" seems to go away... would
love to understand this behaviour further.

Thank you,
Derek