[Seaside] Can't seem to get HTTP Auth working

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Jul 2 16:32:56 CEST 2003

On 2 Jul 2003, Ken Causey wrote:

> But this doesn't seem to provide a different result from using the
> default session class.  I've been investigating it all day (learning
> about Seaside in the process) and the best I can find so far is that
> WAControllerSession overrides WASession>>start: but then never calls
> self start.  This would seem to be necessary for the authentication
> steps to take place as implemented by WAAuthenticatedSession>>start.

Hi Ken,

Yes, I think you've found a bug.  It also seems to have been fixed in CVS,
where WAAuthenticatedSession overrides #start: instead of start:

WAAuthenticatedSession>>start: aRequest
  self
    basicAuthentication: [:u :p | self authenticateUser: u password: p]
    do: [super start: aRequest]

Sorry bout that.

Avi