[Seaside] Disable a submit button

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Thu Jul 24 11:27:55 CEST 2003

I need to use Javascript to disable the submit button after it has been
clicked.  But, as I understand it,  the Javascript that does this would
need to know the button name, and the button name is dynamically
assigned by Seaside.

What is happening on my Checkout page is, after hitting the Payment
Submit button, the user is occasionally hitting the "Back" button on the
browser, then looking at stuff, then hitting the "Forward" button, and
then clicking the Payment Submit button again.  This is resulting in
multiple charges (I'm manually correcting them for now, so the customer
doesn't see this error).  So, I need to disable the Payment button once
it has been clicked (and *without* the page having to be re-rendered or
reloaded).

Anybody know how to do that?

Nevin

--