metaTagNamed: (Was Re: [Seaside] inHeadDo:)

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Thu Jun 12 18:53:09 CEST 2003

Nevin Pratt wrote:

> Avi Bryant wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 25 Mar 2003, Nevin Pratt wrote:
>>

>>> Like this?:
>>>
>>> metaTagNamed: aName content: aString
>>>    document head
>>>        add: (WAHtmlElement named: #meta attributes: {'NAME' -> aName.
>>> 'CONTENT' -> aString}
>>>

>> Looks fine to me.
>>

> This method (#metaTagNamed:content:) worked fine with the first
> SqueakMap iteration of 2.3.
>
> But this code no longer works with the latest SqueakMap incarnation of
> Seaside.
>
> Seems the attributes scheme has changed.
>
> I'm starting to look into the problem now, but if anybody has the easy
> answer off the top of their heads of how to fix this method...

OK, easy enough.  the attributes: argument is now a dictionary (or
rather, a subclass of Dictionary) rather than an array of associations.

Not that it particularly matters, but why was this change made?  In
fact, precisely *because* it doesn't look like it particularly matters,
why was the change made?  There must be a reason that I'm not seeing.

--
Nevin Pratt
Bountiful Baby