[Seaside] Re: Broken Seaside on SqueakMap

Nevin Pratt nevin at smalltalkpro.com
Sun Jun 29 14:09:53 CEST 2003

tblanchard at mac.com wrote:

> No glorp yet.  I did load Magma into the image though.  I figured for
> what I'm going to do that would be the quickest solution.  I still
> need to check out the latest glorp port.  Just need a few more hours
> in the day...

There is a problem with the latest Glorp port (version 0.2.28) that did
not exist with the prior Glorp port (version 0.2.18).

If proxying is turned off, and if your domain has circularities (the
domain objects point to each other), and if you are materializing a tree
of objects of sufficient depth (with circularities), your domain objects
likely won't materialize correctly.

Unfortunately all of those apply at my site, so I hit the bug.  I
reported it to Alan, and he just put version 0.2.29 in the Cincom Public
Repository.  I plan on porting it soon.

Also, another reason why I asked if you were using Glorp is because I
wondered if we were tickling a Seaside bug due to an unforseen
interaction with Glorp proxies.  Based on your answer, sounds like "no",
that's not it.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt