[Seaside] presentation/logic separation XMLC style (Was Re: Hopelessly stupid newbie question)

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Sat Mar 15 21:37:40 CET 2003

Just a quick note

> Why am I writing this? I think if we have a WebDAV daemon in Squeak, we
have
> a winner here.

Currently, there is no implementation of WebDAV in Squeak. But Markus Denker
told me he thinks about implementing one...

> The WebDAV daemon will be responsible for managing the
> templates, versioning and auto-compilation. We can even check the
> consistence between template and code! I assume there're already DOM
> manipulation classes in Squeak.

But a WebDAV client doesn't solve all - just the integration with other
tools. Because, as Nevin pointed out recently, you have distributed your
html code over many components, so it is very fragmented and not easy to
access at all! So, it may be tricky, but very nice to have.

There was a duscussion about temlating (and also XMLC came up) on the
squeak-dev mailing list on 11 and 12th december 2002 with the subject:
"Template mechanisms...".

Adrian